CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

31 weeks

Well I had always wanted to keep a pregnancy journal but never got around to it, so I figured I would keep a pregnancy blog-journal instead. I regret not doing this earlier on in my pregnancy but better late than never!

Only 9 more weeks until baby arrives, and I couldnt be more excited (and scared, nervous, anxious, overwhelmed, and overjoyed)... I can't wait to meet our little girl, but I CAN wait to go through the contractions & yucky stuff.

I've entered into my 3rd trimester so I am back to feeling verry tired as I was in the 1st trimester. I feel like every move I make takes extreme effort and I waddle when I walk now! Typical pregnant lady... Belly button has officially turned into an outtie, leg cramps at night, nose bleeds. I've been crying at commercials or anytime there is a commercial/show/movie involving babies- it just makes me think of our little bundle & us going through the daily activities and all the firsts.

We went to childbirth education class this past weekend and to infant safety class last night. Didn't learn too much at the first class; we had to watch lots of birthing videos which were fine in my book- until they showed the birthing of a placenta (gag). Infant safety was actually an interesting class, and we both felt like we learned a lot. We learned how to properly install a car seat (80% of car seats are installed incorrectly) and learned about all the different products that interfere with safety of baby in the car seat (which are a lot- we are going to have to return a couple things already, including our Bundle Me & baby head support). Made us think of all the loose objects in a vehicle that if in an accident could fly around and hurt baby (there was a baby in the ER after a car accident & a corner of a kleenex box punctured its head! So imagine what all the bigger objects could do!)We got some training on infant cpr & choking. So I feel a little more prepared after taking these classes.

Also had my first baby shower this past weekend with all my girlie friends which was very fun! Opening all those gifts got me sooo excited for the baby to come! I love imagining her in all those cute little outfits :)

9 weeks couldn't come soon enough, but Brandon and I are trying to enjoy our last months alone together & soakin up all the sleep and relaxation we can before the chaos begins :)

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment